Welcome to Texas Spec7

Home of the Texas SRX7 Road Race Series

Monday, September 25, 2017
Register  |  Login
Forum
  Forum  
SearchForum Home
  Aggregated  SPEC 7 FORUM  Event Write ups- Give us your excuse for not winning  TMS...
 TMS

9/15/2008 10:10:19 AM
lance
154 posts
1st

TMS
 (United States)

What a great weekend at the track. We had a little rain and wind on Saturday and just a cool day on Sunday. Since there were not very many people there, they put several groups together so we got done before lunch both days. Sat. I won on the last lap. On Sunday Mike Mikus got his first win in SRX7!!! Sat. Lance, Mike, Travis and Donato. Sun. Mike, Travis, Donato and I'm a dumb as_ for not putting gas in the car 4th.

9/15/2008 11:21:07 AM
Mark
94 posts
1st

Re: TMS
 (United States)

Lance,

Congrats on the win!  I tried to make it out Saturday, but would have been there after the race, from what you're saying...  You're supposed to say you would have won Sunday as well, if you didn't spot the rest of the guys some gas and a few laps....

9/15/2008 11:47:42 AM
Rob Lay
250 posts
1st

(United States)

Congrats Lance and Mike on your wins!  I don't care what anyone says, I love racing at TMS.

9/15/2008 3:53:23 PM
Donato
137 posts
1st

(United States)

Yeah it was a fun weekend very relaxed and we were finished by lunch both days.

Also I got the best start ever Saturday! I was 8th on the grid, everyone started too early and backed off, the car behind actually came around me and had to re lineup, as the cluster **** was happening I remember thinking "keep your eye on the flagman" at the exact moment I looked up to check he raised the green flag, we were almost under the flagstand! I had to dart to the outside to miss hitting the car in front and found myself passing him while he was passing the car in front of him, I entered the chicane 4th and entered turn one 3rd, I actually had a good race with those guys for a couple of laps until their speed on the straights got me. Fun stuff.

As for my weekend fuel starvation late in both races.. Bummer. But it was still fun.

9/16/2008 11:29:21 AM
mmikus
30 posts
3rd

(United States)

It was a great weekend for me, got my first Spec7 win after all these years. Enjoyed the first race which started dry, Travis and Donato pulled a gap on me right off the start. I was left fending off the 2-3 Miatas before I decided to let go and interfere with Travis and Donato. With this my speeds picked up and we were closing on Travis and Donato. A little past mid way the drizzle picked up and a couple of the Miatas slowed big time. I was by these in no time and looking for Travis and Donato. Went by Donato as he was having fuel pickup problems. Somewhere I got by Travis as he had a tire problem and found myself in the lead with about 4 to go. The drizzle turned into a lite rain and the car was pushing "big time". Next thing I know Lance was closing in on me. By the last lap he was on my tail comimg into the in-field and waiting to make his move. By the time we hit the esses he was flying by as slid sideways down the track. I hit the rumble strip and the back end was around in a instant. Got it going and finished second.

Sunday was a different story, I dropped the rear sway bar before qualifing. (Something I knew I should have done the day before with the wet track.) Donato, Travis and Lance pulled out ahead of me and I was running with the Miatas again. I had 3 in front of me and just started using the draft to turn good times. After a few laps I was by the slower of the 2 Miatas and pacing the 3rd. We were closing  Donato and Travis  so I figured I would be ahead of them at the start. And how. I was over a second quicker than Donato and started 3rd on the grid, six places up on the others. From there I got a good start did everything I could to keep those slower Miatas/ ITE cars behind me and in front of Travis and Donato. By the time Travis cleared those cars the race was over and I got my win.

I

9/17/2008 11:04:29 AM
Chris Taylor
137 posts
1st

(United States)
Congrats Mike and Spinny! I mean, Lance!
  Aggregated  SPEC 7 FORUM  Event Write ups- Give us your excuse for not winning  TMS...
SearchSearch  Forum HomeForum Home