Welcome to Texas Spec7

Home of the Texas SRX7 Road Race Series

Friday, November 17, 2017
Register  |  Login
Forum
  Forum  
SearchForum Home
  Aggregated  SPEC 7 FORUM  Event Write ups- Give us your excuse for not winning  NASA Round 4...
 NASA Round 4

6/23/2008 8:35:02 AM
lance
154 posts
1st

NASA Round 4
 (United States)

For those of you who could not make it didn't miss anything. The weather was terrible (about 88 with a breeze), the racing was side by side with the lead changing at every corner( if you like that kind of thing), Bill and Michell's food was bad( unless you like brisket,hot dogs and sauerkraut) and to top it off we were at Hallett.

6/23/2008 12:26:00 PM
Rob Lay
250 posts
1st

Re: NASA Round 4
 (United States)

Don't make me come kick your butt!  Elm Fork, 100 clays, I shall annihilate you.

6/23/2008 12:43:25 PM
Travis
290 posts
1st

(United States)

Yeah it really sucked.

Great fun. Really big fun racing and swapping with Tony both days.  Nick (renting one of  Tony's car) did great job finishing 2nd on Sunday.

Were was everyone.. Mark had an excuse.. Donato didn't. - jk Donato.  But everyone else??  Hallett is a great track. we had only 5 cars this weekend.

6/23/2008 1:47:44 PM
mbuskuhl
251 posts
1st

(United States)

Can someone please fax me Race 3 official results - 469-916-2360? I have Race 1,2,4 but accidentally grabbed Race 3 grid instead. I guess it was too hot for you girls to make Race 4? Only Bill and Nick ran. I still made it home by 8:30PM.

6/23/2008 3:30:27 PM
Travis
290 posts
1st

(United States)

by 8:30 I was sitting on the couch drinking wine watching F1.. would have stayed had there been more SRX7's!

6/23/2008 4:11:33 PM
lance
154 posts
1st

(United States)

Just for you Rob.

Sat. we qualified Tony, Travis, Nick, Me and Bill. Tony got away but Travis and Nick ran him down. Tony and Travis traded spot several times but Tony made his last lap pass to hold on for first. 2nd race see above. My car is 2 - 3 seconds off the pace. Tony and I think we find the problem. Sunday qual. Travis does not leave me behind but I do not gain either. I'm happy. Tony and Nick are late for grid so they have to start in back. At the green flag Travis and I are side by side. I'm thinking "problem fixed" then Tony FLIES by in turn one. Going up the hill Travis takes off and then Nick shoots by. Back to this after the race. I had the best seat to watch a GREAT RACE. After every corner there was a new leader. I at one time had a bad thought of wouldn't it be funny to come over the "bitch" to see all three off. Travis and Nick held Tony off for 1st and 2nd. Back to my car. We get in the pits and talking the usual BS, so I ask Travis how he got away from me at the start? He still had on his EMERGENCY BRAKE. My car sucks.

6/23/2008 4:45:30 PM
Rob Lay
250 posts
1st

(United States)

There we go.  Hallet is always a blast, especially when it rains.  :)

6/24/2008 2:56:52 PM
Chris Taylor
137 posts
1st

(United States)
 mbuskuhl wrote

I guess it was too hot for you girls to make Race 4? Only Bill and Nick ran. I still made it home by 8:30PM.

This crowd NEVER sticks around for the fun races, despite the constant bitching about track time per dollar, etc., etc. Really hard to make an argument about NASA having more track time when everybody leaves with a race (sometimes 2!) to go.

Years ago I always had the most fun doing the fun races because it was just us backmarkers running nose to tail for 20+ minutes.
 6/24/2008 4:35:13 PM
Travis
290 posts
1st

(United States)

Chris Taylor wrote
 mbuskuhl wrote

I guess it was too hot for you girls to make Race 4? Only Bill and Nick ran. I still made it home by 8:30PM.

This crowd NEVER sticks around for the fun races, despite the constant bitching about track time per dollar, etc., etc. Really hard to make an argument about NASA having more track time when everybody leaves with a race (sometimes 2!) to go.

actually this is the first time I haven't stuck around for both races. and probably the first time most others didn't either.  I don't complain. NASA gives us the most track time period.. THANKS NASA.. I will gripe at all the other drivers that intermediately show up throughout the season or not at all.. Can't grow our group with 5 cars at a race!  I think maybe the ones bitching are the one's not showing up for races anymore. Instead of bitching, come race a NASA event.   At Hallett - (4) 20 min races, (1) 20 min practice, (2) 20 min quals. and if I did stay I would have still been home by 8:30. 

6/24/2008 6:01:37 PM
mbuskuhl
251 posts
1st

(United States)

mbuskuhl wrote

Can someone please fax me Race 3 official results - 469-916-2360? I have Race 1,2,4 but accidentally grabbed Race 3 grid instead. I guess it was too hot for you girls to make Race 4? Only Bill and Nick ran. I still made it home by 8:30PM.

1. My fax hasn't seen Race 3 results, anyone???? Please. Do I have to offer a 12 pack again to get them?

2. Bottom line is that NASA offers way more track time than the other. Oh, and not to forget the Hoosier, Mazdaspeed and Hawk contingency I can only get with NASA.

6/24/2008 11:13:33 PM
Chris Taylor
137 posts
1st

(United States)
I really need to quit trying to make my posts brief.... I did NOT attempt to argue that NASA doesn't give more track time -- what I said (or was trying to) was that you CANNOT factor in the time for the fun race when more than half the drivers leave before it starts. I haven't been to a NASA race since last April, but when I was doing them regularly it was a flat out FACT that nobody stuck around for the second race -- even when it was in DFW! How do I know? I won most of them!

Travis, if you're payin' my entry I'll be happy to show up at any race. :) For the second license fee, I'll even show up at a NASA event. Assuming you have a window net I can borrow...
  Aggregated  SPEC 7 FORUM  Event Write ups- Give us your excuse for not winning  NASA Round 4...
SearchSearch  Forum HomeForum Home