Welcome to Texas Spec7

Home of the Texas SRX7 Road Race Series

Monday, September 25, 2017
Register  |  Login
Forum
  Forum  
SearchForum Home
  Aggregated  SPEC 7 FORUM  Event Write ups- Give us your excuse for not winning  NASA Round 3...
 NASA Round 3

4/23/2008 9:32:28 PM
lance
154 posts
1st

NASA Round 3
 (United States) Modified By lance  on 4/23/2008 9:33:17 PM)

Here you go Rob. Got to the track late Friday night, Medea and I met up with Donato for a couple of drinks. Qualified 5th. At the start of the race I was sleeping when the flag dropped, so I was in 7th by turn 1. Got back to 5th. Was bored no one to race with, so I was just driving around. With one lap to go, I was in turn 6 when the car cut out. Looked at gages and saw volt meter at zero and thought "hmmm thats funny". Saw a spark on the passenger side of the car and thought "this is not good". I watched as smoke started on that side of the car, went under the dash to the driver side and said " SH_T I'M ON FIRE". Scared the corner workers on turn 7, came flying off the track right at them and proceeded to get out of the car in a calm cool manner. After everything calmed down, one of the workers said he had never seen someone my size get out of a car so quick. Turned out to be one wire had shorted out and burned all the wire back to the fuse box. Sunday start 5 again. Watch as Donato and Matt have a spin fest. After Matt's 4th spin, he pulls in so I get 4th. Load car, home by 3:00.

4/24/2008 8:03:17 PM
mmikus
30 posts
3rd

Re: NASA Round 3
 (United States)

A spin fest??? I'm surprised you didn't join in, I miss the old Lance.

4/27/2008 11:09:40 AM
Mark
94 posts
1st

Re: NASA Round 3
 (United States)

New definition for the Swiss Army Flag - Donato must slow down and let everyone pass. 

Hopefully it will come out more often since he's back on his game with the new car....

Aggregated  SPEC 7 FORUM  Event Write ups- Give us your excuse for not winning  NASA Round 3...
SearchSearch  Forum HomeForum Home