Welcome to Texas Spec7

Home of the Texas SRX7 Road Race Series

Monday, September 25, 2017
Register  |  Login
Forum
  Forum  
SearchForum Home
  Aggregated  SPEC 7 FORUM  Event Write ups- Give us your excuse for not winning  MSRH - Jan 18-1...
 MSRH - Jan 18-19

1/23/2008 12:25:06 PM
Travis
290 posts
1st

MSRH - Jan 18-19
 (United States)

well my weekend sucked

1/24/2008 9:50:49 AM
Chris Taylor
137 posts
1st

Re: MSRH - Jan 18-19
 (United States)
You'll end up with a faster car when it all settles down, though. ;)
 1/29/2008 9:03:28 AM
Rob Lay
250 posts
1st

(United States)

What is this Tony Lee in a SM stuff?

1/29/2008 9:07:15 AM
KC's Wife
132 posts
1st

(United States)

yeah, whats up with that? :-)

Adrian Carpenter, Race Director~ NASA Texas
 1/30/2008 8:45:27 AM
Mark
94 posts
1st

(United States)

I think Tony got about 3 corners in for his first race in SM....  Sunday saw him cutting through the field and would have had a respectable finish, if they ended the race a lap early :)  He did manage to get a tire donut on the side of the car.

For me, Saturday was a challenge.  Started first in our class and as we were getting lined up to start the race, my clutch went to the floor.  I found out I was not so good at speed shifting without a clutch, fell back a few places, then left it in 3rd gear to try and catch up.  Only managed a fourth, but I like the track better going backwards....  Got the slave cylinder fixed and was ready for Sunday.  Matt started off strong, but with Tony right behind him, spun early.  I was on Tony for a number of laps, but this let a couple of ITA Miatas catch up to us.  They got between us and coming on to the front straight, I got stuck behind one of them that was hitting his rev limiter.  After a little nudge, I did manage to get by.  Needless to say, Tony pulled ahead and I wasn't able to catch up. 

I'll be ready for the next race! 

Aggregated  SPEC 7 FORUM  Event Write ups- Give us your excuse for not winning  MSRH - Jan 18-1...
SearchSearch  Forum HomeForum Home